Digital Research Assistant (Somali speaker)
ISD is seeking to contract a Somali speaking digital research assistant to support the ISD team in translating and analysing extremist content and networks of influencers. The online extremism landscape analysis will be used for policy influencing and preventive programming.
• Contract type: Consultancy
• Reporting to: Manager, Strong Cities Network
• Location: United Kingdom (Remote working)
• Preferred Start Date: July 2020
• Length of Contract: 20 days
• Remuneration: Competitive
The successful candidate will be a collaborative and solutions-focused professional with the ability to work to tight deadlines, produce outputs to high quality with key deliverables spanning across a 1 -month project timeframe to be completed by the end of August 2020. Reporting to the programme manager, the postholder will be required to work directly with the HQ-based team in London with meetings to take place virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions. The post holder will;
1. Translate into English the scrapped online Facebook data that is originally in Somali (priority), Swahili and or Arabic languages.
2. From the translation, identify the thematic and geographic scope of the scrapped online data in partnership with ISD researchers.
3. Support in the analysis of the translated data into concise analytical report.
For further details please click here.
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted via email to [email protected] by 17:00 UK time on July 10th. All applications should include:
• A current CV
• Cover letter, including how the applicant fulfills the listed criteria and will meet the deliverables, as well as the expected daily rate
• Names and contact details for two referees
ISD reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional information from all applicants as necessary to evaluate applications. Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis and ISD reserves the right to appoint before the end of the advertisement.
Consultant Roster Application
As a global non-profit organisation with teams in London, Beirut, Toronto and Washington D.C., ISD enjoys strategic partnerships with the world’s leading technology companies and supports more than a dozen prominent governments and institutions in stemming the rise of violent extremism and hate speech. ISD undertakes a wide range of projects and delivers cutting-edge programming in the areas of policy advisory, research, communications, technology and education.
We invite talented researchers and consultants to join our roster in order to be considered for engagement on a range of assignments across our research and programming. We particularly welcome applications from consultants with expertise in qualitative and quantitive research, data analytics, policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation.
- Copy of your up-to-date CV
- Details of two employment/assignment references
- Link to your LinkedIn profile or personal website (if available)
ISD welcomes speculative applications from talented and dedicated individuals at all levels – intern to senior leadership – who would like to join our global team. If you are committed to challenging polarisation and extremism in all its forms, please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your experience, ambitions and suitability to [email protected].
We are currently particularly open to receiving applications from those with:
• Marketing, communications, tech and data analysis experience
• French, German, Russian and Arabic language skills
• International capacity building and training expertise
• International policy experience (particularly in polarisation, education and counter extremism)
ISD staff receive competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits including 5% pension contributions, 20 days holiday, flexible working, employee support & assistance programmes and an annual individual training budget.