Arabic Analyst, Digital Research Team
ISD is seeking to recruit an Arabic-fluent Analyst with a specialism in Islamist extremism in its growing and busy Digital Research Unit, which sits within the Research and Policy Division. With a series of exciting global projects in the pipeline, ISD is looking to recruit the brightest minds to support and grow its online extremism research.
• Location: London, with provision for remote working negotiable. Right to work in UK an advantage
• Type of Contract: One year fixed term contract or consultancy contract, with view to permanent role subsequently
• Salary: £ 25,000 – £45,000, dependent on experience
• Start Date: September 2020
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering digital research projects focused on issues of extremism, polarisation and hate speech, in Europe, North America and the MENA region. ISD welcomes applications from individuals with a proven interest in designing systems and tools to understand and interpret digital communications at scale and to start to map the real-world impact of extremism online. ISD is seeking applicants who demonstrate expertise in OSINT and/or social media analytics. For full details click here.
If you would like to apply for a position at ISD, please send a one-page cover letter and up-to-date CV (no more than 2 pages), including salary expectations, to [email protected] by 7 August 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications without a covering letter will not be considered. All applicants who are invited to interview will be asked to produce evidence of their right to work in the UK or the US where relevant.
Request For Proposals For Local Partners in North Macedonia (Gostivar and Čair/Skopje)
ISD is looking for one or two local partner organisations to support the delivery of capacity building programmes for young people in Gostivar and Čair (potentially including youth from wider Skopje). In each municipality, 20-25 young people will take part in a 3-day workshop to learn about and plan community-based social change initiatives, tackling issues such as hate, polarisation, violence and extremism (tentatively planned for October/November and December). Following each workshop, ISD and the local partner(s) will continue working with participants and support up to 4 groups per city to launch their youth-led online and offline initiatives.
ISD is looking for one or two local organisations to support delivery of the workshop as training facilitators and coordination of youth-led activities following the workshop, including additional follow-up training. Applications may focus on either Gostivar, Čair, or both locations. For full details of the proposal click here
Timeline for Proposals and Period of the Project
• 14th July: Request for Proposals published;
• 3rd-7th August: ISD’s Grants Manager and Senior Project Manager are available for email discussions and phone calls in relation to the request for proposals;
• 11th August: Deadline for proposal submissions (to [email protected]);
• 12th-14th August: Proposals will be evaluated by a panel made up of ISD’s Head of Project Operations, Grants Manager, and Senior Project Manager;
• End of business day on 17th August: The successful organisation(s) will be contacted for follow-up interviews, with estimated appointment date of 24th August.
How to submit Proposals All proposals should clearly state: The fee for this work, inclusive of VAT or any other taxes or surcharges; The Partner’s qualifications as they relate to each of the criteria outlined above; The Partner’s proposed personnel to conduct the project activities and trainings with their CVs; Two references.
Evaluation Criteria Proposals will be evaluated based upon the service to be provided weighed against the cost of the service. This will be done in line with ISD’s Procurement Policy.
Factors that will be considered include:
1. The responsiveness to the request for proposal and demonstrated understanding of ISD’s business, needs and context; 2. Relevant experience and qualifications; 3. The results of the two references provided; 4. Cost and value for money.
ISD reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional information from all proposers. ISD reserves the right to appoint before the closing date, 11th August 2020.
Consultant Roster Application
As a global non-profit organisation with teams in London, Beirut, Toronto and Washington D.C., ISD enjoys strategic partnerships with the world’s leading technology companies and supports more than a dozen prominent governments and institutions in stemming the rise of violent extremism and hate speech. ISD undertakes a wide range of projects and delivers cutting-edge programming in the areas of policy advisory, research, communications, technology and education.
We invite talented researchers and consultants to join our roster in order to be considered for engagement on a range of assignments across our research and programming. We particularly welcome applications from consultants with expertise in qualitative and quantitive research, data analytics, policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation.
- Copy of your up-to-date CV
- Details of two employment/assignment references
- Link to your LinkedIn profile or personal website (if available)
ISD welcomes speculative applications from talented and dedicated individuals at all levels – intern to senior leadership – who would like to join our global team. If you are committed to challenging polarisation and extremism in all its forms, please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your experience, ambitions and suitability to [email protected].
We are currently particularly open to receiving applications from those with:
• Marketing, communications, tech and data analysis experience
• French, German, Russian and Arabic language skills
• International capacity building and training expertise
• International policy experience (particularly in polarisation, education and counter extremism)
ISD staff receive competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits including 5% pension contributions, 20 days holiday, flexible working, employee support & assistance programmes and an annual individual training budget.